Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Northwoods Getaway {Lifestyle}


Each year over Presidents Day, my hubby and I head up north to my parent's lake home near Canada. It is a simple cabin in the woods of the Boundary Waters. It has a rustic, untouched beauty that makes us long to be there! This past trip up was extra special because it snowed almost the whole time we were there. The woods were covered in a blanket of white - it was absolutely breathtaking. While we were there we ate delicious food, cross country skied often, and relaxed in front of the fire. A getaway was exactly what we needed!  



Taking in the beauty of Lake Superior with the beautiful snow falling down. 


The best blueberry and lemon scone of my life at the Pie Place in Grand Marais. I got their recipe and it is coming soon to the blog! 


My husband and I cross-country skied to the overlook where he proposed to me two years ago. Such a special moment together!


One of the highlights was having the gray jays come and eat right out of our hands.


The view from our cabin. The sun sparkling on the fresh snow was stunning.


Playing games and enjoying chocolate lava cakes late into the night. 


Skiing across East Bearskin Lake. 

: : Shop the Post : :
Patagonia Down Jacket / / Hunter Rain Boots / / Eisbar Hat / / Anthropologie Sweater / / Chanel Sunnies, old (similar here) / / Realia Necklace

With Love,
A

Photos by Angela and Preston Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...