Thursday, November 13, 2014

How to Cook Roasted Butternut Squash {Food}



Butternut squash is something that I have been dying to prepare and cook myself, as opposed to buying pre-cut butternut squash chunks from Whole Foods or Lunds. Not only is that more expensive, but I love learning how to do things myself. I have been a bit intimidated by butternut squash in the past, but this fall I decided to tackle it. The result was delicious, roasted, savory squash in bite-size pieces, with a little crunch on the outside! P and I can't get enough of this easy and healthy side dish! It would be a perfect addition to your Thanksgiving table as well. Happy cooking! 

:: Ingredients :: 

1 medium butternut squash (about 2 pounds)
Extra-virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper 

:: Recipe :: 

Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. 

Halve the squash lengthwise. Using a spoon, empty out the the pulp and seeds. 

Cut the squash into chunks (about 1 inch cubes), carefully cutting away the outside skin. 

Transfer the cubes to a large, rimmed baking sheet. Toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Lay out in a single layer. 

Roast, tossing occasionally, for 30 minutes. 











With Love,
A

Photos by Preston Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...