Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Easy & Delicious Northwoods Scones {Food}


Scones are probably one of my favorite foods...well maybe all breakfast pastries are, but I do really love scones. There is nothing better than waking up to a cup of hot coffee and a yummy, homemade scone. My mom and I love to make scones together when we are up north (favorite cookbook here), but I have recently begun to use the same recipe for weekend mornings here as well. The best part is you don't even need to get your mixer out to whip these up! 

This easy and delicious recipe is perfect a foundation for adding in any yummy extras you want. I love butterscotch oatmeal, white chocolate currant, and blueberry. 

:: Ingredients ::

2 cups flour
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. salt 
2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 cup shortening
1/4 cup yummy additions (I usually do 1/2 cup)
1 cup buttermilk

:: Recipe :: 

Sift the dry ingredients together. Cut in shortening. Add your yummy additions and the buttermilk.

You can expect the batter to be very sticky!

Prepare a floured surface, I prefer the counter. Knead the dough for 1 minute. 

Divide into two rounds and cook on an ungreased cookie sheet for 12-15 minutes at 450. 






With Love,
A

Photos by Preston Anderson

2 comments:

  1. We are making these right now with my family! Blueberry and white chocolate chips were our additions : ) Thanks for sharing this deliciousness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am so glad you liked them Alleks! They are a great recipe and I love that you can add anything to them, depending on what you are feeling :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...