Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2015 Goals

I'm usually not one for resolutions and goal setting for the new year but there are a few things I have been wanting to try for a while yet continually find excuses not to pursue them. I thought I would share them here so you can follow along in my 'crafting' adventures. 

1} Learning to Sew!
Sewing has been something I've been wanting to learn for about a year now. Although, my mom agreed to give me a few lessons in the end she ended up completing both my projects! She did warn me that she 'wasn't a teacher' on the bright side all my projects turned out beautiful! So as a lovely Christmas gift from my mother and father-in-law I will be taking my very first sewing class at Drygoods Design in Seattle. Isn't it just the cutest place?!



 {via}


2} Understanding my DSLR Camera!
This goal has been a long time coming as I've had my DSLR for about 5 years now! I've watched the occasional YouTube video or read a blog post about utilizing my DSLR camera to its fullest potential but in the end I'm still pretty green. I'm especially interested in food photography- no matter how hard I try I can never seem to make food look good, even deserts! I will be registering for a few photography classes through the online site called Skill Share. I discovered the site through a blog I follow and let me tell you it's worth looking into. Most of the classes are between $15-25 dollars and I don't think any of the classes exceed $40. There's even a membership package that allows you access to almost their entire site for a monthly fee. Anyway, I'm clearly hooked. I will be taking 'Easy DSLR: Master your Digital Camera in less then 30 days' to get started and then will follow that up with 'Food Photography: Prepping a Photo Shoot'. I cannot wait to get started.

{via}

Do you have any goal for the New Year? Please share!

Thanks for reading,
L

1 comment:

  1. Tell me how the sewing class is!! I really want to learn too :) :) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...