Friday, July 11, 2014

Favorite Things Friday



One of my favorite things to do is cook, so today's post is for all the cooks out there and for everyone who wants to be inspired :) I know my love for cooking comes from watching my mom and sister cook, and eventually learning from them. Now it is one of my favorite things to do with both of them. Today I am sharing my top four all time favorite cookbooks (and one magazine). These cookbooks are sitting on the counter in my kitchen, well worn with notes and pages marked. Each of these cookbooks inspire me to step outside my comfort zone with flavors, ingredients, and preparation. I love to find new recipes, sometimes keeping them just the way they are and sometimes adapting them and making them even better :) Happy Friday everyone! 

The New Way to Cook Light: healthy, fast, simple recipes. This is my go-to cookbook for evening meals, and when I am looking for something lighter (see my posts using this cookbook here and here). 

Cook's Country Magazine: American cooking that is extremely delicious, but doesn't take hours to prepare. They also offer trustworthy tips and tricks (see my post on their chocolate chip cookies here). A subscription to this magazine is a must for all cooks!

Nordstrom Family Table Cookbook: family style recipes that are full of rich goodness and innovative flavors. I adore the Nordstrom cafe, so this is definitely one of my favorites! I am especially fond of their gnocchi and lemon cookies. 

The Gourmet Cookbook: a large must have cookbook, featuring a diverse array of cultures and cuisines. There are thousands of recipes ranging in difficulty levels, along with tips and tricks. I can't get enough of this one!

With Love,
A

Sources 

1 // 2 // 3 // 4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...