Friday, May 1, 2015

Favorite Things Friday


This year I have been talking a lot about getting back to basics and focusing on curating a wardrobe of classic, wear forever pieces. Well I'm practicing what I'm preaching and have started the journey of pairing down my closet. I was inspired by a few things but I think the main reason is I just want less STUFF. Cuyana's featured blog series was also a great kick starter with direction on creating your own 'lean' closet or capsule wardrobe. I think these fun and approachable tools makes the over all process enjoyable.



Things to think about before adding to your wardrobe:

  1) Can I wear this in at least three different ways (absolute min) 2) Is this something I can see in my wardrobe for years to come? (ie- I have the perfect Lilly Pulitzer dress last seen here, now this is something I will hang on to forever- I can see it being such a fun vintage piece some day). 3) Fit! I have made this mistake too many times! Only buy something if its a perfect 10, there is no room for a  6 hanging in your closet.




Thanks for reading, 
L





1 comment:

  1. Thank you, this really gets a person thinking. We do have to much stuff. Thanks for the push.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...