Thursday, June 26, 2014

How to Display Wedding Keepsakes Part 1 {DIY}


P and I absolutely loved our wedding day, because it clearly represented us as a couple but also because of all of the small and special moments that occurred throughout the day. My mom took the handkerchief that she used in her wedding and hand stitched an A on it with blush flowers (my wedding colors), along with a locket from Tiffany's, my "something blue" (which I now wear on a dainty long chain). This handkerchief means so much to me and I have always wanted to display it in a special place in our home. After our wedding we were left with many special items and memories from our day and we weren't exactly sure how to hold on to them and how to showcase them. This will be the beginning of a mini-series on how to display keepsakes from your wedding in a way that is beautiful and timeless. 

I decided to purchase a pretty and modern frame from West Elm to showcase my handkerchief. It is a new favorite item on my desk. Every time I look at it I am reminded of my wedding day and the special relationship I have with my mom. 








: : Shop the Post : : 

Tiffany Locket, old (similar styles here) / / West Elm Mirror Frame (3x3)

With love,
A

Photos by Angela Anderson 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...