Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Banana Bread {Food}

:: Ingredients ::






:: Recipe :: 

Cream: butter (room temp), sugar, eggs (also at room temp), bananas, and vanilla

Mix: flour, salt, and baking soda

Stir: dry ingredients into wet ingredients and add buttermilk

Bake 1 hour at 350 degrees than turn oven down to 250 degrees and bake for 20 more minutes.



Who doesn't like a good banana bread? I'm certainly a fan, I have always liked banana bread but it wasn't until this recipe that I really started to love it! The recipe comes from a family I nannied for in college, I remember one morning the mother saying she made banana bread and to help myself. I certainly helped myself and later found myself calling her long after I had gone home to get the recipe. The secret to this bread is the bake time, when you turn the oven down and let it bake for 20 extra minutes you are creating a glazed crust over the top- this pairs perfectly with the moist inside of the bread. Happy baking!

Thanks for reading,
L


Photo's by Laura Lorentz 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...