Thursday, March 20, 2014

Broiled Grapefruit with Agave {Food}



This past weekend we went to one of our favorite restaurants at The Galleria for brunch. I saw a broiled grapefruit on the menu and immediately my curiosity was sparked. My husband and I love grapefruit, both for breakfast and as a snack, so I knew I had to give it a try. When I first bit into my broiled grapefruit I was shocked at the sour and sweet mixture, and the richness that the broiling provided. I was left inspired to try this on my own at home, and we were not disappointed!

This would be a beautiful addition to any brunch, shower, or after work snack. It is quick and easy, and adds an immediate ounce of unexpected pleasure. The agave provides a healthier option than some other alternatives like brown sugar or honey. I hope you enjoy this as much as I do. 

: : Ingredients : : 
 Grapefruit (well chilled), Agave (we prefer organic)

: : Recipe : : 
Begin by cutting each grapefruit in half crosswise using a serrated knife. If needed, cut a thin slice off of the bottom of each grapefruit so that it stands upright. 

Using a serrated knife, loosen the grapefruit segments by slicing between fragments and then slicing around the entire circumference of the circle. Repeat on the second half of the grapefruit. Keep the segments in the grapefruit.

Next, swirl agave around the grapefruit halves, I used about 1 tablespoon per grapefruit half. You could also use brown sugar if you do not have agave on hand.

Transfer to a baking sheet and broil for approximately 5 minutes. When you start to see some of the edges get a burnt look to them you know it is done.

Let it cool for a minute or so and then serve immediately.












: : Shop the Post : : 


With Love,
A

Photos by Angela & Preston Anderson

1 comment:

  1. I have never thought of this! It is so great to get inspiration, try it and it works!

    love,
    K

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...