Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Energy Bites {Food}


I am so excited to be sharing my first food post on A&L! Cooking and baking are some of my favorite hobbies. I love nothing more than trying out a new recipe, creating things from scratch, and using fresh and local ingredients. My mom is an incredible cook, so I owe it all to her! 

Today I am bringing you one of my favorite recipes and something that my husband and I almost always have made up in the fridge. These flavorful energy bites are full of yummy and healthy ingredients, and are extremely easy to make. We like to enjoy them as a little pick-me-up in the afternoon or paired with a banana for breakfast in the morning! It is great to have healthy things on hand for when you are needing a little boost. 


:: Ingredients :: 
Old fashioned oatmeal, real (healthy) peanut butter (we love Parkers, a wonderful MN based company), good honey, coconut flakes, ground flaxseed, chocolate chips, vanilla. 

:: Recipe ::
Combine and mix the dry ingredients - 1 cup oatmeal, 1 cup coconut flakes, 1/2 ground flaxseed, 1/2 cup chocolate chips. 

Next, add 1/3 cup honey, 1/2 cup peanut butter, and 1 teaspoon vanilla. 

Mix the entire mixture together (sometimes it's easiest to just use your fingers). Roll into 1 inch balls and chill in the refrigerator. Enjoy! 








With Love, 
A

Photos by Angela & Preston Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...