Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Smitten Kitchen's: Salted Brown Butter Crispy Treats


I discovered the Smitten Kitchen Cookbook from a friend after trying the peach pie and bourbon topping. I was immediately sold after the first bite and promptly asked for the recipe. She proceeded to show me the entire cookbook and all its glory. I later asked for the cookbook for Christmas but really just began to dive in. I of course started at the back (the best place in all cookbooks- in my opinion).

I usually gravitate towards chocolate treats but the Salted Brown Butter Crispy Treats were calling my name. I wasn't disappointed, this recipe was extremely easy to make- with only 4 ingredients and no bake time its easily put together in 15-20 min. The not so secret ingredient is the subtle sea salt that hits your taste buds with every bite- it's the perfect sweet and salty mixture. You won't even remember there isn't any chocolate in this dessert. 



Thanks for reading, 
L


Photo's by Laura Lorentz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...