Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Work in Progress {Home}


Today I'm sharing part of my vision for our dining room and living room in our new apartment. My family has been anxiously awaiting pretty pictures of our new place but since that's not happening anytime soon (see pics- hahaha) I thought I would start sharing through a mini-series I'm calling "Work in Progress." I initially  wanted to only share the final results of our apartment makeover on the blog but thought the process is what it's all about so here's a look at our very messy apartment. 

B and I moved into our apartment almost a month ago, but with the business of summer and travel we haven't been able to dedicate the time needed to fully pull our new place together. Just yesterday I was having fun browsing tables and chairs on Craigslist to fill our dining room (the first item of business) when I stumbled across a three drawer campaign dresser and campaign bookcase. To my shock and surprise the set was being sold for $350 and looked to be in perfect condition. At first B wasn't thrilled to put the table and chairs search on hold but I knew these items were rare gems and just had to be ours. See, I have been searching Craigslist on and off for about three years looking for campaign style furniture. I love the vintage yet modern style and appreciate the quality of the furniture as well.

Although we drove over an hour each way to collect these pieces I'm thrilled with all the potential they have. I plan on cleaning them up with Mr. Clean magic eraser's (my favorite new cleaning product) and possibly giving them a fresh coat of white paint.

What do you think? Do you have any fun Craigslist scores?






Thanks for reading and be sure to stay tuned for more on the apartment makeover!



Photo's by Laura Lorentz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...